Client Profile - 65,000 Employee Global Professional Services company operating in 25 countries
Industry - Global Consulting with domains in Financial Services, Healthcare, Pharma, Technology, Consumer Electronics, Retail, Automotive, & Tourism
Solution - Django app for identity management with blockchain, smart contracts using Solidity / Ethereum, web interface for HR and job seekers, InterPlanetary File System (IPFS), Python, Web3 REST APIs
Businesses that rely on temp staff for day-to-day operations invest a significant amount of time and effort in functions like candidate verification. A blockchain based verification system ensures that personal information is stored securely and accessible by anyone with permission. The digital verification process would be factual, trusted, and objective, preventing candidates from falsifying information. The platform also serves as a repository to rehire temp staff during peak seasons, reducing ramp-up time.
Enhance the current employee database with authentic and trusted information
Prevent possibility of fake professional profiles
Serve as workforce identification with transparency and flexibility on resources
Serve as inputs for the larger gig economy in the long term
After a comparative study of Blockchain platforms, we suggested Ethereum blockchain, based on factors such as implementation method, use case applicability, availability of development tools, technical community support, and cost.
The blockchain application stores prevalidated information such as past employers, certifications, and compensation data. This decentralized database of resumes is owned and controlled by candidates and authenticated by the relevant stakeholders on the blockchain.
The smart contract and identity management functions were developed using Solidity scripts and deployed in Ropsten Network of Ethereum blockchain. The backend APls were developed in Python Django. The Django application interacts with the blockchain using Web3 APls. The responsive frontend (web) application was created using VueJs. The identity management module was implemented as a reusable Django app which can be installed in other Django applications.
Solution highlights include
- Document upload in IPFS (lnterPlanetary File System) and verification for identity management module
- Ability to retrieve transaction history from blockchain which is transparent and incorruptible
- APl-driven approach using REST services to handle core business logic
- Event-driven architecture minimizes direct dependency between features and functionalities, while providing a higher level of automation
- Authentic and tamperproof data embedded within a huge network preventing fraud
- Decentralized online identity that is easily verifiable for swift hiring and onboarding
- Candidates with genuine skills sets are easily identified and assigned
- Efficient workforce planning as a result of blockchain-based centralized repository of employees